Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

MAY is Skin Cancer AWARENESS Month

Sunscreen & Protective clothing is the KEY to preventing skin cancer.

After my Aunt passed away from a small mole on the top of her scalp that started as skin cancer and turned into bone and brain cancer, I decided I needed to spread the word on this silent but deadly disease.

My aunt was Irish through and through, very light skin. She loved golf and played whenever she got the chance. She always wore sunscreen and a visor but not a full hat. My aunt passed away four years after her hairstylist discovered a raised mole that suddenly appearance in her hair on her scalp.

Awareness and education is key to prevention. For the month of MAY we are advocating Skin Cancer Prevention at the spa. All clients will receive a samples of EPICUREN's sunscreen & a lip balm as well as a thought of the day card with reminders on checking for skin cancer.

Even though, we all love a great tan... remember the environment is changing and that tan could be dangerous. For more information go to www.skincancer.org.

Have a great month and help me spread the word...

No comments: